Monday, November 25, 2013

My hard partying days behind me: Vikram Chatwal

Billionaire hotelier Vikram Chatwal has had a rough life. Apart from his bad boy image and recurring stints in rehab, he also spent a lot of time over the last few years dealing with his much-publicised divorce from Priya Sachdev. But things have started to look up for Chatwal now. The entrepreneur, who has overcome his substance addiction, seems to have found happiness in his work.

Currently dabbling in many projects — designing and running hotels, acting and film production — he says he feels content in life, after a long time. “The most important thing for me today is to love myself and what I’m doing. I’m sober now and my hard partying days are behind me. I have no regrets. After a long time, I feel settled in life,” he says.

After marrying Priya in 2006, Chatwal went through a painful divorce in 2011. However, unlike what most tabloids tend to project, the experience has not put him off the institution. “I still believe in marriage and I look forward to settling down and having more kids,” says Chatwal, who met his daughter (with Priya), Safira, on her birthday earlier this year. “She was dressed up as Katy Perry as the theme of her party required the kids to dress up as their favourite pop stars. It was fun being with her. I try to meet her at least a few times every year.”

Although Chatwal lives in Los Angeles, USA, he travels to India regularly. Earlier this week, he was in the city for a fundraiser that he’s been associated with for a while. Ask him what he has planned for his film career and he says, “I produced Spring Breakers (2012) with James Franco and Selena Gomez and another film is being planned. There are two Bollywood films that I’m looking to produce and act in. I’m keen on directing and writing too.”

The last two Hindi films Chatwal was seen in were Ek Ajnabee (2005) and Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd (2006).


SOURCE http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/Print/1154012.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment